ITTN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ITTN

International Telecommunications Transmission Network

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragnoxz
Admin
Dragnoxz

Chinese zodiac : Dragon

Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS Empty
PostSubject: Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS   Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 2:53 pm

I would like to do a War Fare playing against a human player in ArmA using the tactics of the ISIL/ISIS or Kurd ways. The battles will be hardcore and mostly infantry and artillery, but it will be hardcore. Below is the most logical equipment make up of both sides.

ISIS/ISIL = (West) Humvees (MG's), Artillery, T-72's, lots of large trucks with MG's, road side bombs and Guerrilla tactics, lots of AT, no air power, HQ most likely in small towns or military base. AA defense mostly MG, and rare shoulder launched SAM's (Against choppers).

Kurd = (East) Small MG trucks/Jeeps, small trucks, Guerrilla tactics, Snipping, RPG attacks, T-72's (Rare), HQ most likely in mountains somewhere, Strike Fighter and Gunship air power.

I can play either side. It must be as tactically correct and true to whatever side we play. I can start tonight if desired. It is 09/19/14, I should be home by dark, if all is good.
Back to top Go down
https://ittn.rpg-board.net
Reverend

Reverend

Chinese zodiac : Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS   Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 3:02 am

If it's ArmA 2 or ArmA 3, I should be able to participate sometime this weekend. Let me know on Skype.
Back to top Go down
Dragnoxz
Admin
Dragnoxz

PostSubject: Re: Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS   Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 8:36 pm

No event. I only have ArmA 1. What happened is I got a call from a fellow student about studying, and decided to go study with him. I got there by 6, and stayed all night till 6 in the morning, lol.
Back to top Go down
Reverend

Reverend

PostSubject: Re: Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS   Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 5:24 am

Dude, your game platform is outdated, considering most, if not all, the VR-World's active members are using ArmA 2, and many have access to ArmA 3. You need to upgrade, because I know for a fact I'm not downgrading just so that you can participate in battles... and I'm not about to have the same bullshit that happened last time happen, with claims that "It never happened because we weren't able to join the server to defend, like we should've."

No. There's AI for that, and many, many mods allowing for them to be extremely intelligent. I for one have played against AI that ALWAYS used tactics, NEVER missed, ALWAYS regained consciousness from wounds, took prisoners, used civilians as body-shields... Just because an actual person can't attend does not mean the whole thing "didn't occur." It means there was a technical difficulty that prevented THAT INDIVIDUAL from being on the battlefield. Period.
Back to top Go down
Dragnoxz
Admin
Dragnoxz

PostSubject: Re: Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS   Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 2:58 pm

The thing is, if not everyone can make it to a different platform, then we all stay back. Like in the military, during runs, the slowest person to the front, so everyone is together. Not everyone can afford to upgrade. It sucks. And the effective or proper tactics used by another human player needs to be there, otherwise, the true realistic scenario can't happen. AI can't plant bombs on roads, set traps just in front of vehicles and trigger them right when a vehicle goes by (without proper programming), and to keep the elements of war true, it must be human on human using set formats of combat for proper realism.

If you and your members are the only ones on ArmA-2, and Uatia and GPEO are on ArmA-1, then things are complicated. We cant use AI when doing air combat or land war, because the AI will not react like we do. I will do my best to some day get ArmA-2 (I would really like to), just now, we are limited. MC and I can play against one another in ArmA-1, if you can find someone to play against you in a Warfare in ArmA-2, let it rock. Just remember to role play the side properly. Like if you play as ISIS, use ISIS tactics, same with using Kurds or Iraqi Security forces, FSA, Syrian Army, etc. As far as fighting against GPEO or Uatia (unless qualified officers can play) our factions could not engage in battle if ever engaged in a conflict. We would be stuck on FSX air battles.

It pisses me off that I can't play ArmA-2 with you and your guys. Whenever I can, I will need to learn the ArmA-2 stuff before I can jump into doing Warfare ops.

But yea, if you can do some hardcore role playing Warfare scenarios, like I mentioned in past posts, if you have anyone else who can command, feel free to do it and tank a screenshot of the battle results at the end when it loads of the numbers of losses and things. The best results are playing true to the side you role play as, playing as the side you pick to play would. I have some format for calculating the estimated kill to loss rate based on the sizes of the units that engage on the map. We just need the results of the Warfare ops played by humans on both sides playing the roles of each side true, then we can fix up some mainstream news thing to make the VR-World look a little active.
Back to top Go down
Reverend

Reverend

PostSubject: Re: Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS   Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Fair enough... I'm fairly sure MC also has Arma 2, so that's an option, not to mention my XO is as good a leader as I am, if not more accomplished with the behind-the-scenes, like mission-making and whatnot for ArmA, etc. I'll see what I can come up with.
Back to top Go down
Dragnoxz
Admin
Dragnoxz

PostSubject: Re: Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS   Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 9:26 am

A simple warfare, big map if possible, just using satchels for traps and abuse mine use as the ISIS side and mostly infantry and few T-72's, lots of Humvees. The Kurds would use sniping allot, long range, also mostly infantry. Both sides would use RPG's allot, and might try to set traps for one another.

What would be cool is video footage, showing the traps working, lol. Like, if you and someone else could try to record how you nailed one another with traps, that would be funny, and show how the traps work. Kurds like to stay toward mountain tactics and choke-point ambushes. ISIS is all about Allah Akbar shit, lol. Kurds might have transport choppers with MG's on the side.

Back to top Go down
Reverend

Reverend

PostSubject: Re: Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS   Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 4:41 pm

Typical Mi-8s and UH-1H Hueys for the Kurds. I've done a bit of research, and I've found inconclusive evidence that ISIS may or may not have access to rotary assets, possibly even Mi-24s.
Back to top Go down
Dragnoxz
Admin
Dragnoxz

PostSubject: Re: Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS   Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Well, we should research them and post images and things. This is why we all end up knowing more about these factions of the real world than most other virtual groups. Should we all get into the military we will already know things about various powers. Though, we just need basic battles, and if ISIS or the Kurds have air power, it is not really that much. If whatever air power they have is only around 2 or 4 craft, and they are lost in one warfare, then that effectively ends their air power in the VR-World. Personally, I would not use air craft, unless it is done behind lines to move things, not in combat. They would not risk it, so we should play as they would. If I have time, I will do a warfare with just infantry and maybe limited vehicles, like trucks and cars, or vehicles with MG's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS   Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kurd Defense Against ISIL/ISIS
Page 1 of 1